Tuesday 2 November 2010

Three Ideas - Questionnaire 2.

Once I had thought up my three ideas and written them down, I thought that maybe my ideas wouldn’t have much of an appeal to anyone over the age of 24 because they do not involve any adult characters, and the story lines are very simple and would appeal much more to a teenage girl. I thought about changing the characters to a slightly older age such as mid twenties so it would appeal to a wider audience, however, I don’t know any males or females of that age that live close enough to me to work with, and would be willing to be in my film. I wanted to be sure that my assumption was correct, so I was able to continue with my focus group but with my correct target audience.





What age group would the characters in a romantic film have to be in, that would appeal to you?



Nearly all of the 16-20 category replied in 18-21 as they all said they can relate to it, however, one did say 22-30 as they said they enjoyed watching “PS I love You” and they were elder characters; they liked this because the story line was very mature but still funny and entertaining. Many of 30-50 people had responded to 30-40. Some people had said they like this age group because it’s not too young for them to watch, but it makes them feel younger when they watch it and it is nearer their age, but they’d prefer to watch younger people rather than people their age. I am happy with this result as I know have a much more specific target audience of 16-20 females.

No comments:

Post a Comment